I wanted to post on the exact anniversary, but the day came and went. But a couple days after is close enough to spitting distance.
What the year gave me:
1. Two stories accepted and one published. I want to match that again this year. I'd say I would want to surpass it, but don't want to be greedy.
2. A trip to New Orleans and Key West. Travel is on the agenda for this year too. The girls are already planning a trip to Savannah in June (can you say Midnight in the Garden? Of course you can).
3. Another year of teaching and although I'm gaining a certain amount of skill, there's still miles to go. I need more patience and less doubt.
4. A haircut. The shortness of my hair knocks about ten minutes off my morning routine. I'm tempted to keep it this way.
5. More time on the internet than I can tally. Sure, it's a timesink, but I discovered Nathan Bransford's blog, Wil Wheaton's blog, and a host of others that make me feel like part of a community.
6. Continued addictions to the following: instant-watches on Netflix, Jacob's episode breakdowns on Television without Pity, tvtropes, Stephen King's column in EW, and C- or lower reviews on Dear Author.
I liked this year. It was mellow. I'm all for a simple life and simple joys. I wouldn't mind it if the next year brought more of the same.